[winswitch] xpra (client) on Centos 5.7

Bob Tennent rdtennent at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 22:52:11 GMT 2012

 >|However... I've just committed a workaround which allows python2.5 to be
 >|used again:
 >|https://xpra.org/trac/changeset/553
 >|Then a bunch of other fixes for CentOS's completely outdated version of
 >|(Py)GTK in r554 to r558
 >|Note: don't use CentOS as an Xpra server.
 >|
 >|The updated beta packages are here:
 >|https://xpra.org/beta/
 >|
 >|And I've now actually tested that it runs OK on CentOS 5.x

Thanks!  The messages one gets on attaching are somewhat scary:

  failed to setup mmap: No module named ctypes
  '['setxkbmap', '-query']' failed with exit code 255

  the server will try to guess your keyboard mapping, which works
  reasonably well in most cases however, upgrading 'setxkbmap' to a
  version that supports the '-query' parameter is preferred

  glib is missing, cannot set the application name, please install glib's
  python bindings: No module named glib

but it does seem to work.

Bob T.