[winswitch] xpra-0.9.0 RPM installation

Utku Altunkaya utku at um-ic.com
Thu Apr 25 13:08:52 BST 2013

When I tried to update XPRA on a CentOS 6.4 machine, I got the following
error:

Updating: xpra-0.9.0-25.el6.x86_64
Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package xpra-0.9.0-25.el6.x86_64
chcon: can't apply partial context to unlabeled file
`/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/xpra/x264/codec.so'
chcon: can't apply partial context to unlabeled file
`/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/xpra/vpx/codec.so'
warning: %post(xpra-0.9.0-25.el6.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Cleanup: xpra-0.8.8-1.el6.x86_64

SELinux is disabled on this machine, which is probably the reason for
this error. Although the message says "non-fatal", I'm worried that the
RPM post-installation script was interrupted and may have left some
configuration incomplete. Can you update the script to take into account
the case where SELinux is diasabled and files don't have any security
context assigned to them?

Another issue is that everytime I do an update the RPM overwrites my
custom site-wide configuration in /etc/xpra/xpra.conf. It should check
the existence of xpra.conf (which can be a regular file or, as is in my
case, a symbolic link) and leave it untouched, preferably saving the new
default configuration in a file such as xpra.conf.rpmorig.

Regards,
Utku Altunkaya