[winswitch] xpra-0.9.0 RPM installation

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Apr 25 14:55:29 BST 2013

On 04/25/2013 07:08 PM, Utku Altunkaya wrote:
> When I tried to update XPRA on a CentOS 6.4 machine, I got the following
> error:
>
> Updating: xpra-0.9.0-25.el6.x86_64
> Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package xpra-0.9.0-25.el6.x86_64
> chcon: can't apply partial context to unlabeled file
> `/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/xpra/x264/codec.so'
> chcon: can't apply partial context to unlabeled file
> `/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/xpra/vpx/codec.so'
> warning: %post(xpra-0.9.0-25.el6.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
> Cleanup: xpra-0.8.8-1.el6.x86_64
I'm pretty sure it isn't a problem.

> SELinux is disabled on this machine, which is probably the reason for
> this error. Although the message says "non-fatal", I'm worried that the
> RPM post-installation script was interrupted and may have left some
> configuration incomplete.
That's the only post-installation script there is, so even if it did
stop (which I believe it did not), it would not be a problem.

> Can you update the script to take into account
> the case where SELinux is diasabled and files don't have any security
> context assigned to them?
I'm not sure how, or if it is even worth doing.

> Another issue is that everytime I do an update the RPM overwrites my
> custom site-wide configuration in /etc/xpra/xpra.conf. It should check
> the existence of xpra.conf (which can be a regular file or, as is in my
> case, a symbolic link) and leave it untouched, preferably saving the new
> default configuration in a file such as xpra.conf.rpmorig.
Isn't that rpm's responsability to manage how those are handled?

Note: depending on how many users you do this for, you may simply want
to keep your overrides in ~/.xpra/xpra.conf