[winswitch] Difficulty installing/running on Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Aug 7 11:20:15 BST 2013

On 07/08/13 12:45, Arthur Zey wrote:

>     *The* menu, since there is only one on OSX, that big thing that
>     always sits at the top left of your screen!
>

> I thought that might be what you meant, but there's nothing there.
Ah :(

>     on OSX and Linux:
>     .winswitch/
>

> A gzipped copy of that directory, which includes a few log files, is
> available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wog3aqyn2epn5z1/winswitch.tar.gz
Please run in debug mode to get more info in the logs (and make sure no
passwords are in them), preferably using:
winswitch_applet --debug-mode
or by setting debug=on in the applet config file.

> I noticed a few references to a VirtualBox virtual machine that I have
> installed (although I never told Windows-Switch about it, nor was the
> VM running at any point during or after the installation). I wonder if
> that could be causing some trouble. Could connected VNC sessions be
> messing with the installation? I also saw a reference to that.
The built-in server detected your virtualbox sessions and will expose
them to *clients* connected to this machine as a *server*.
This should not interfere with anything, but just in case you can
disable it in the config file:
server/protocols/virtualbox.conf
or by running with:
--without-virtualbox