[winswitch] connect retry loop for xpra launcher?

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Sep 6 07:19:03 BST 2013

On 05/09/13 14:28, Thomas Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working to setup xpra to connect to a virtual machine running on my
> laptop. The Host runs only trusted Debian stable software and the virtual
> machine runs all untrusted stuff (Skype...).
>
> Libvirtd automatically starts the virtual machine at boot and the
> xpra_launcher ist started by ~/.config/autostart/xpra_launcher.desktop
How so? Via the GUI? Autostart?
> However when xpra_launcher starts before the xpra server in the virtual
> machine, it opens a window.
I don't understand why the launcher would *not* show the GUI unless you
instruct it to open a session file.
But you're not telling us anything about that.
> It would be nice to have an additional parameter for xpra_launcher like
> autoretry=$INTEGER
Sounds to me like you just need to fire the connection when the VM has
started.
This is probably easier to implement than retries. The retries could
more easily be implement as a wrapper script around /usr/bin/xpra
> If the parameter is set and not zero, then xpra_launcher will just sit in the
> systray and trying to reconnect every $INTEGER seconds.
Feel free to file feature request ticket, but I don't think there is
much interest in this feature at present.