[winswitch] popup menues are still outside the screen with 2 monitors

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 05:32:30 BST 2014

On 04/08/14 22:10, Thomas Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've updated to xpra 0.13.7 from wheezy-backports (debian) and tried to fix the
> issue with popup-menues being drawn outside the visible screen area with 2
> monitors.
>
> The popup menus are still drawn incorrectly. I've no idea what else to try.
> There's written something on [4] about modelines but I've no idea what
> modeline to add.
You should add a modeline covering the full virtual screen size, in your
case:
1050x1680 + 1680x1050
Which would be: 2730x1680
Is that right BTW? Looks like the two monitors have the same size (in
pixels) but one is vertical and the other one is horizontal.

Sticking this into the xtiming calculator, I get:
Modeline "2728x1680 at 25" 148.02 2728 2760 3320 3352 1680 1719 1726 1765
Which I have now added to the default config file:
http://xpra.org/trac/changeset/7125
>  My screen configuration is correctly written to the ~:42-
> fakexinerma file.
>
> I've read [1][2][3][4] and made the following:
>
> -  export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/xpra/libfakeXinerama.so.1.0 before starting an
> app (from the same shell!)
Just to be clear, this should not be necessary when you use
"--start-child=".
> - add export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/xpra:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH} before starting
> xpra server
I don't think that's needed, though that's a Debian packaging thing, so
I can't be sure.
> - a .:42-fakexinerama file has been created automatically (DISPLAY=:42)
>
> I also attach the log files. I've not changed the standard debian xpra/xorg
> config files.
Thanks for all the details.
What is the application that is causing you trouble? Can I try it?
It sounds like it doesn't use the information from Xinerama and uses the
full screen size instead...