[winswitch] popup menues are still outside the screen with 2 monitors

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Mon Aug 11 15:09:03 BST 2014

Thank you for looking into this. I added the modeline to /etc/xpra/xorg.conf
and tested with iceweasel 32, right-clicking the "open-menu" button which is
on the right and opens a context menu. Unfortunately, the context-menu is
still drawn outside the screen.

Just after giving up and opening this mail, I also tested eclipse and there it
works!

I added
export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/xpra/libfakeXinerama.so.1.0
to my shell startup script and confirmed that it is necessary.

I removed
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/xpra:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
from the servers xpra startup script. It's not necessary.

It's curious that Iceweasel and Eclipse behave differently!

On Tuesday, August 05, 2014 06:32:30 AM Antoine Martin wrote:
> You should add a modeline covering the full virtual screen size, in your
> case:
> 1050x1680 + 1680x1050
> Which would be: 2730x1680
> Is that right BTW? Looks like the two monitors have the same size (in
> pixels) but one is vertical and the other one is horizontal.
My left monitor is turned.

> Sticking this into the xtiming calculator, I get:
> Modeline "2728x1680 at 25" 148.02 2728 2760 3320 3352 1680 1719 1726 1765
It's a pity that it's still necessary to know anything about modelines
nowadays. I totally have no idea what these numbers are about and why it's
2728 instead of 2730... :-( It's even more sad that my monitor configuration
was automatically detected but that the modeline still needs to be added
manually to xorg.conf. (Pull requests welcome, I suppose...)

Best regards,

Thomas Koch