[winswitch] How to use "randr" to resize the desktop?

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sat Dec 27 15:25:47 GMT 2014

On 27/12/14 22:18, Heng Zhou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can display a whole desktop using the instruction in
> http://xpra.org/trac/wiki/Usage. Now I hope I can miximize the window
> containing the desktop if I double click the title bar of the xpra window,
> just like miximizing a normal window in Windows.
"Double-click-to-maximize" is going to be desktop environment specific,
often mapped as a shortcut for the maximize button.
In this case, it is not possible because the window has a fixed size,
and for that reason the maximize button should be disabled too.
> The same webpage says that
> "you can resize the desktop using the standard "randr" desktop tools (and
> not by resizing the window at present)", so I think this is the approach to
> accomplish what I want.
randr is the X11 protocol, you may use any tool that uses it, ie:
xrandr -s 1024x768
"man xrandr" for details
>  But after search the internet, I still have no idea
> how to do it. Could you please give me a step by step configuration to
> accomplish miximizing the window containing the whole desktop by double
> click?
It cannot be done at present because the window has a fixed size.
There is a ticket for that:
http://xpra.org/trac/ticket/530
It doesn't look hard to implement, I just haven't had the time.