[winswitch] xpra unuseable on CentOS 5

Lukas Haase lukashaase at gmx.at
Wed Nov 12 05:25:32 GMT 2014

> >> I think it's nearly impossible to get this machine upgraded but I may try it at least. If so, what would be the python and/or CentOS version with which everything should work? CentOS 6?
> > Sure, CentOS 6 or 7 both work well enough.
> > CentOS 6 is a bit dated already.
> > CentOS 7 is a bit annoying as a client OS because it lacks a system tray
> > in the default gnome desktop, much better as a server OS (up to date
> > python and libs).
> Just one more thing: there is no guarantee at all that upgrading your
> host OS will improve the behaviour of the application (especially the
> focus issues you describe).
> It sounds like upgrading is going to be a hassle for you, so you may be
> better off trying it out in a virtual machine before spending too much
> time down this path.
> That said, moving away from CentOS 5 sooner rather than later is still
> worth doing.

Hi Antoine,

I indeed got the change for a CentOS 6 upgrade (at least).
I hope so much that the situation will become better :)
(if not, as I said, it have something to do with xpra or at least a new xpra because the old version works perfectly with a newer python ob Ubuntu).

Right now, I am struggling with a simple thing:

# yum install xpra
[...]
Package xpra-0.14.11-1.el6_6.x86_64.rpm is not signed

I followed http://winswitch.org/downloads/rpm-repository.html?dist_select=CentOS very closely.
Can it be that the package is indeed not signed?

Lukas