[winswitch] deb-src on winswitch?

basd basd1 at fastbk.com
Thu Apr 23 08:58:46 BST 2015

I'm just another winswitch/xpra user, but ...

Let me pitch in and note that all sources are linked and available from xpra.org.  Or, since you are
mentioning winswitch, the sources are linked from winswitch.org.  Being python code, they can be
installed via the instructions provided (with the caveat that as stated there such an installation
doesn't uninstall cleanly due to a defect in python's installer/uninstaller system.)

These aren't .src.deb files, just the original tar.gz files or whatever.

Since I use openSuSE, I use rpmbuild to build my own rpms from the sources, which solves the
uninstall problem (and I make a repository available for other openSuSE users, should they want to
try my rpms).  I'm sure you could do the same in a debian environment.

Barrington