[winswitch] new kde system tray

basd basd1 at fastbk.com
Thu Aug 27 17:05:17 BST 2015

This is not specifically a KDE problem.  I think it is a change in the freedesktop.org tray
specification.  For instance, cairo-dock also has the "new" tray system and you can also add the
"classic" one.

There are several work arounds I have used:

1. add the KDE 3.5 kicker panel to a different screen edge from the plasma one.
2. run cairo dock and add the classic tray.
3. run the standalone tray, I think it is "ktray".  There is actually more than one standalone tray
that will run on KDE, if you do the search.