[winswitch] [Xpra] Sound problem

John Smith johnss1221 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 02:49:04 GMT 2015

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Antoine Martin <antoine at nagafix.co.uk>
wrote:

> >     >     Note: quite a few sound related bugs are fixed in the 0.16.0
> server.
> >     >
> >     > I tried running xpra 0.16.0 r11304 for server(trusty), same as
> client
> >     > (MS Windows 7). But the sound is disabled if I'm running xpra with
> it.
> >     > I attached the output of xpra attach with '-d sound'
> >     This sounds like a bug which needs to be fixed before the final
> release.
> >     Can you please create a ticket for it?
> >     Your client log does not contain anything of interest, the problem is
> >     likely to be on the server side. Maybe some missing sound plugins
> there?
> >
> > I attached my server log. Can you please check it  ? If this problem is
> > a bug, I will create a ticket for it.
> Apart from a swscale error which I will try to investigate when I get a
> chance, the GStreamer error does stick out:
>
> Warning: failed to import GStreamer:
>  1.0 failed with: Namespace Gst not available
>
> The DEB package installation should have recommended that you also
> install python-gst-1.0. Maybe you chose not to install it?
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/amd64/python-gst-1.0
>
> This does not look like a bug in xpra or its DEB packaging.

I'd installed python-gst-1.0, but it not working. Then I install
gstreamer1.0 by this topic
<http://askubuntu.com/questions/517910/installing-can-i-install-gstreamer-1-4-on-ubuntu-14-04>
and
the sound is good. But now I have some problems with Firefox crash when
playing html5 videos ( Chrome is still good ) and I think it's not a xpra
bug.
Thank you for all your kind help.