[winswitch] xpra 0.16.1 - websockify processes prevent xpra to shut down successfully ?

Michael Mayer michael at mayer.cx
Tue Feb 16 19:16:41 GMT 2016

Hi there,

I am currently checking out xpra for a small project - in general I am
very pleased with it. Very nice piece of technology.

Lately I have encountered one issue though. If I use the following
simple example that starts an xterm, makes it accessible via html and 2
minutes later stops it again using the following bash script (please
don't laugh about the secure passwords and keys)

----

PASSWORD=YOURPASSWORD
AES_KEY=0123456789ABCDEF
PWD=`pwd`
echo -n $PASSWORD > password.txt
echo -n $AES_KEY > aes.txt
echo xpra start :10 --bind-tcp=0.0.0.0:10000 --html=on --start=xterm \
--auth=file --password-file=`pwd`/password.txt \
--tcp-encryption=AES --tcp-encryption-keyfile=`pwd`/aes.txt
echo
"http://localhost:10000/index.html?username=$USER&password=$PASSWORD&encryption=AES&key=$AES_KEY"
sleep 120
xpra stop :10 --auth=file --password-file=$PWD/password.txt

-----

It works perfectly fine if there is no connections to the xpra created
xterm via the browser. If one however wishes to access the xterm during
the 2 minutes (as users would probably want to do), "xpra stop" fails to
terminate. It tells you that everything was terminated successfully but
the xpra and websockify processes keep running. If I repeat the same
xpra stop command again it tells me that it cannot find any processes...

My expectation would be that xpra stop would terminate the X server, all
the websockify daemons and itself.

The issue only appears if one actually accesses the URL and more than
one websockify process is spawned.

Wondering if I am doing something wrong or we do have a bug here.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Michael.

PS: System Details:

CentOS 7.2, websockify upgraded using the latest tarball from pypi.

python-websockify-0.7.0-1.el7.centos.noarch
ffmpeg-xpra-2.8.5-1.el7_2.x86_64
xpra-common-0.16.1-1.el7_2.noarch
libvpx-xpra-1.5.0-1.el7_2.x86_64
x264-xpra-20151202-1.el7_2.x86_64