[winswitch] Keyboard key repetition

Timothy Hobbs timothy at hobbs.cz
Mon Feb 6 00:50:21 GMT 2017

Hello,

I have a weird problem using subuser with the xpra-x11 bridge
http://subuser.org/news/0.3.html#the-xpra-x11-bridge. Sometimes, not
always, but sometimes, I end up with a situation in firefox, that when I
press a key, the key stays down and starts repeating. So if I am
backspacing, it will delete the entire line, or I'll get
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. When this happens, firefox freezes before the
repeated keypresses appear. Is it possible, in the xpra api, that you
are sending first a key-down and then a key-up, and some sort of delay
in the protocol causes the x11 server on the container side of the
bridge to think that the key was held down and that repetition should
occure? Where would I look in the code to try to fix this bug?

Regards,

Timothy Hobbs