[winswitch] No menu bar in Ubuntu

Douglas Doole dougdoole at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 21:37:13 GMT 2017

I'm using xpra 1.0.1 (also saw this on 1.0) on a Ubuntu 14.04.5 system.
Most of the time I'm running it in loopback mode.

   xpra start :10
   xpra attach ssh:localhost:10

When I do this, however, I don't see the menu bars for my applications
(gvim and eclipse being my most commonly used). All the menu bar at the top
of the screen says is "attachXpra"

 If I attach from my MacBook, then I see menu bars. (The menu bars are in
each window instead of at the top of the screen, and there's a generic Xpra
menu at the top of the screen. That's fine by me.)

So it looks like the xpra server is aware of the menu bars, but the Ubuntu
client isn't showing them. Is there some setting I'm missing?

Thanks.

- Doug