[winswitch] [ANNOUNCE] Xpra 2.0

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 14:12:06 GMT 2017

Hi,

This release finally drops compatibility with many outdated libraries
and operating systems so we can streamline the code, use newer
technologies and better prepare for the future.

The following systems are no longer supported: Windows XP and Vista, Mac
OSX versions older than 10.9, Debian Squeeze and Wheezy, Ubuntu Precise
and Trusty, CentOS 6.x, 7.0 and 7.1, Python 2.6, GStreamer 0.10,
pycrypto, older versions of Pillow and PyOpenGL, etc..
A number of our less useful codecs have been removed.

There aren't many new features, the ones that most noteworthy are:
* Drastically improved build systems for MS Windows and Mac OSX. In
particular: 64-bit installers, the MS Windows builds are now based on
clean and fully up to date libraries thanks to the MSYS2 project.
* HTML5 client improvements, including clipboard synchronization.
* multiple / deep colour support in both client and server: for example
you can now shadow 8-bit displays and render deep colour with the OpenGL
client.

For more detailed information, including links to the documentation and
tickets, see:
http://xpra.org/trac/wiki/News#a2.0ImportantFeatures

The source:
https://xpra.org/src/