[winswitch] Dynamically variable DPI?

Timothy Hobbs timothyhobbs at seznam.cz
Fri Mar 17 17:20:05 GMT 2017

Hi,

I'm using xpra+subuser for most things now. It works well, except for
full screen videos on my high-dpi display, which don't play well at all.
All of this is local, and as far as I know, I have compression turned
off and memmapping turned on... If I play the videos in non-fullscreen
mode then they play fine. It seems to me that since youtube videos
aren't actually high dpi anyways, then there shouldn't be a difference
between how well they play in non-fullscreen mode and how well they play
full screen. Would it be technically possible for xpra to detect that it
is being slow, and to automatically start passing a lower dpi version of
the window contents? I don't know if that's crazy or not, as I don't
know how xpra internals work...

Tim