[winswitch] help: xpra client with chinese input

Jiang Qian jiang.qian at gmail.com
Tue May 9 07:30:06 BST 2017

I have tried also to use international input for xpra, either using
the input software (e.g. scim) in the server side or in the client
side, without success. I filed a bug a while back but at the time it
seemed to difficult to solve and the linux/xorg input stack was too
confusing for the developer.

The only solution I came up with is to use the input that comes with
the software itself, usually via extension.  I don't use gedit, but
for gvim, there is this internal extension to input cjk
For web browser, google chrome has th google input tools, which works
just fine over xpra
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-input-tools/mclkkofklkfljcocdinagocijmpgbhab?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog
I haven't used this in firefox but it may work for firefox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fireinput/

Of course, if you enable clipboard support, and your writing is not
extensive, you could just
quickly write in local windows and then paste to the xpra window.

I hope this helps.
Qian Jiang