[winswitch] SSH Private key on Xpra for Mac

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sun Aug 5 19:45:21 BST 2018

On 05/08/18 17:22, Daniele Polencic via shifter-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I set up remote workspaces with Xpra, and I connected to them using the
> Gtk3 client on a Mac.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvdb7w49dcw7og8/Screenshot%202018-08-04%2011.56.08.png?dl=0
Please don't use dropbox for attachments unless you intend to keep the
file there forever, with the same URL.
Those browsing the mailing list in the future will be hitting dead ends
otherwise.
> I noticed that I couldn't select a private key when I used the SSH option
> from the drop-down menu.
>
> Is this a limitation of the client or the functionality hasn't been
> implemented?
The GUI doesn't have this option. Just like it doesn't have 99% of the
options available on the command line.

You can use the command line, or stick the options in your per-user
xpra.conf. ie:
echo "ssh=ssh -x -i /path/to/keyfile" >> ~/.xpra/xpra.conf