[winswitch] Authentication doesn't seem to work well

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Feb 16 03:06:54 GMT 2018

On 16/02/18 02:11, vfclists . via shifter-users wrote:
> The authentication methods  like --auth=file and --auth=multifile don't
> seem work and I wonder if they work with the html options, or some of the
> options I use on the command line automatically nullify them?No "auth" is not meant to have any effect on sockets other than unix
domain sockets.
See --tcp-auth, --ssl-auth, --ws-auth and --wss-auth for the
authentication of other socket types, bearing in mind that a tcp socket
can be upgraded to an ssl or ws(s) socket.

BTW, nowadays sqlite is preferred over multifile.

> The only one that seemed to work was --auth=password option, but that only
> worked when stopping the server,  rather than when making the connection.
> The 'xpra stop' command would prompt for it then.
That's working as intended.
Usually the unix domain socket is left unauthenticated ("--auth=none")
as it is already protected by unix file permissions.