[winswitch] gofundme for xpra server upgrade

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sun May 27 09:11:44 BST 2018

Hi,

Many thanks for your support!
The funding goal had been reached 2 months ago already, but we haven't
done much progress since then on the hardware purchase front.

The machine hosting xpra.org suffered a complete kernel lockup earlier
this week, which served as a strong reminder that this single point of
failure is a real danger to the project.

Instead of hosting the buildbot in a data-center, we are likely to host
it somewhere closer, which will facilitate maintenance, backups,
upgrades, etc
This will also reduce costs (the CPU doesn't need to fit in a 1U case)
and risks: the xpra.org will only host the wiki and package
repositories. Should this server get completely wiped out, it should be
much quicker to restore things back to normal.

This transition will take a while, so please bear with us.