[winswitch] Xterm menus no mouse tracking

Ben Jackson Ben.Jackson at fidessa.com
Tue Oct 23 09:05:09 BST 2018

Hi all,

When I run xterm under xpra, and connect to it, the menus (ctrl left/middle/right click) don't work properly. They show up, but the selection does not track the mouse.

I'm trying to work out if this is an xpra issue or a setup issue, and wonder if someone could confirm/deny the behaviour?

Steps to reproduce:

1.     Start xpra on RH7 host with (xpra start :1009 -start=xterm)

2.     Connect to that session

3.     In the xterm window, ctrl-right-click to see the vt menu. Try and select an option.

Expected:

-       Options highlight until the mouse button is released and the highlighted option is actioned

Actual:

-       Options do not track with the mouse and no option is actioned on mouse up.

My system info:

I'm running xpra server on RH7 host and start up an xterm. (e.g. xpra start :1009 --start=xterm).
I connect to this session from Windows.
Server version: xpra v2.3.2-r19729
Client version: Xpra 2.4 revision 20265 built on Win7Pro64-PC by Win7 Pro 64 2018-09-01 09:03

Xterm version:

ukwok-pc1385-vpc7(benj) users/benj>xterm -version
XTerm(331)

Thanks a lot. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for diagnostics, etc.

Cheers,
Ben

This message is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and may be confidential. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. Any opinions expressed in this email do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Fidessa. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or in part is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately.
Fidessa plc registered in England and Wales no. 3781700. VAT registration no. GB688900878. Registered office - Dukes Court, Duke Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH, UK
Fidessa buy-side ltd registered in England and Wales no. 3656437. VAT registration no. GB688900878. Registered office - Dukes Court, Duke Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH, UK
Fidessa Group Holdings Limited registered in England and Wales no. 3234176. VAT registration no. GB688900878. Registered office - Dukes Court, Duke Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH, UK