[winswitch] Xterm menus no mouse tracking

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Oct 23 15:56:47 BST 2018

Hi,

On 23/10/2018 15:05, Ben Jackson via shifter-users wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I run xterm under xpra, and connect to it, the menus (ctrl left/middle/right click) don't work properly. They show up, but the selection does not track the mouse.
It does, but only on the region of the window that doesn't overlap with
the main xterm window.

> I'm trying to work out if this is an xpra issue or a setup issue, and wonder if someone could confirm/deny the behaviour?
Confirmed. You've just spotted a regression which is more than 2 years
old. TBH, I really didn't expect this to be a regression seeing how
often I use xterm for testing, but I never noticed that problem.

You can workaround this issue by running your server with:
XPRA_REPARENT_ROOT=0 xpra start ...

I'm hoping to find a solution that does not involve reverting the this
change, for more details see:
https://xpra.org/trac/ticket/1999