[winswitch] OS X Mojave’s XPRS server

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Apr 5 02:29:46 BST 2019

On 05/04/2019 08:23, Stuart Hodges via shifter-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to use a XPRA server on OS X Mojave. I was unsure if it would  work at all with OS X not being native X11 but I have XQuartz running and the documentation seems to suggest it would.
Xpra on MacOS does not use X11 at all, so XQuartz is not needed.

> I installed the dmg but  the server button is not enabled, the shadow button is but if I select it I can’t connect although an additional XPRA process is started.
The shadow server should start, but it hasn't been tested on Mojave and
I have heard that some new "security" mechanisms may be getting in the way.

> I use XPRA on Linux so have some experience.
>
> Should it work. If so how do I start a server ?
The best way would be to install the PKG, if possible, then run the
server by hand:
Xpra shadow --bind-tcp=0.0.0.0:14500 --no-daemon
Keep an eye on that server log output and try to connect with a browser
on that port.