[winswitch] Several small questions...

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Mon Aug 12 18:11:53 BST 2019

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 01:49:11 +0700 Antoine Martin
<antoine at nagafix.co.uk> wrote:
> >> That's a known issue:
> >> https://xpra.org/trac/ticket/1933
> >> The changes are not trivial, but I may be able to get something
> >> done for v4.0. Feel free to subscribe to that ticket.

BTW, I had trouble creating a trac account. The captcha was too hard
for me as a human. :(

> > Will do! And thank you so much for maintaining xpra! It takes a
> > bit of work to get going with it, but it's super-useful once
> > things are up and running.
>
> How can we make it easier to get going with it?

I'd say the biggest improvements would be better documentation. So
far, almost everything I've wanted to do has been pretty easy once I
figured it out, but sometimes it's taken asking.

> > BTW, I noticed the documentation doesn't mention that if you use
> > the --sharing option that it will create a socket in /run/xpra if
> > and only if you are a member of group xpra on the server. It
> > might be useful to put that into the manual somewhere?
> Does this help:
> http://xpra.org/trac/changeset/23487/xpra

That's excellent.

Perry