[winswitch] Xpra as screen recorder?

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Oct 1 07:08:43 BST 2019

On 01/10/2019 05:10, Karl Semich via shifter-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been thinking on how to make highly compact screen recordings and my
> focus landed on xpra packet logs.
Bear in mind that in some cases, the xpra packets may aggregate multiple
screen updates into a bigger rectangle to reduce the processing and
network traffic overhead.

> Does anybody have any thoughts on possibly using xpra to record/replay
> sessions?  Has this been attempted before / does it seem a reasonable idea
> to you?
The code is quite well separated between the network and the higher
layers so you should be able to feed the packets to a custom client class.
There's bound to be some more thorny issues I can't think of, but
nothing insurmountable.

Please create a ticket for this. I'm sure this could be useful, to
reproduce bugs for example.