[winswitch] Clipboard paste in Eclipse

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Mon Oct 14 13:05:04 BST 2019

On 14/10/2019 16:35, Wolfram Humann via shifter-users wrote:
> This might be an Eclipse issue at least partially but maybe you can still
> help.
> Client: Win 10, xpra 3.0 r24039
> Server: RHEL, xpra 3.0 r23788
> Problem is that I can't copy on Windows and paste to Eclipse on RHEL.
> Pasting to Konsole does work.
I'll take a look, thanks for reporting it.

> Using gtk_view_clipboard.py (by the way: it would be nice to be able to
> copy from the messages at the bottom of the tool)
That sounded like a good idea until I tried it: selecting the messages
triggers clipboard messages which causes more messages to be added and
what you wanted to copy has now scrolled offscreen!

> I see the copied text in
> the clipboard.
> "Get targets" gives: ('text/plain', 'text/plain;charset=utf-8',
> 'UTF8_STRING')
> Can't past to Eclipse.
> But when I copy the text to the entry and "Set target" to UTF8_STRING then
> "Get targets" gives: ('TIMESTAMP', 'TARGETS', 'MULTIPLE', 'UTF8_STRING')
> Now it is possible to paste to Eclipse.
>
> Any idea?
> Best regards
> Wolfram
>
> Another note: would be nice if <https://xpra.org/trac/wiki/Clipboard> could
> point out *how *to start gtk_view_clipboard.py. E.g. for me it's:
> "python
> /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/xpra/gtk_common/gtk_view_clipboard.py"
Good idea. We will soon have a "xpra clipboard-tool" to do that reliably
on all platforms:
https://xpra.org/trac/ticket/2443