[winswitch] Focus issue

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Apr 17 16:16:08 BST 2020

On 17/04/2020 19:26, carl langlois wrote:
> Hi,
> When it happen all the windows seems to be affected. It seem that all
> the. It look to me that some windows(application) grab the focus and all
> the other application does not received even.
Please see --modal-windows=no
A modal window will stay on top of all other windows unless you turn off
this feature.
> I can currently easily reproduce the situation where a windows freeze (i
> suspect a application bugs) . It seem that in this case the application
> enter a weird state and freeze all other application managed by Xpra.
> Even new application started from the tray menu are not responding to
> the mouse.
Unless the server eventually disconnects, this sounds like a modal
window or a grab.

> if i ssh to the workstation and kill the application everything is start
> working again. I think this particular problem is coming from a bad
> behavior of Rabbitvcs.. I am not a expert in this kind of software but
> the fact that all the windows are frozen seems wrong.
Could be, it could also be a bug in xpra.
> Not sure how to tackle this situation. Not related to java application
> and i have seen this behavior with other perl/tk application,
> dophin file manager etc.
I've just tried it in an Ubuntu 19.10 virtual machine and I couldn't see
any obvious problems.
Do I have to use a specific dialog or action to trigger this bug?

Assuming that this isn't a modal window problem, would you mind creating
a ticket for this problem?

Thanks,
Antoine