[winswitch] Xpra session cloning

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sat Feb 15 04:23:48 GMT 2020

On 15/02/2020 08:35, Mark Knittel via shifter-users wrote:
> Greetings. I am trying to use Xpra on a (local) Apache server to access single desktop applications via browser links on a webpage.
>I need to have multiple users use the same web page link to open a new
version of the application, and then close the session when the window
is closed by the user.
Start your servers with: --exit-with-client=yes

> That means that I need to prevent one user from taking over the
session from an existing user, and I need to make sure I don't end up
with an excess of open/unused sessions that will consume RAM.
> Is there a realistic way to accomplish this with either:
>
> -          Connection strings in the xpra start commands?
>
> -          A script that is launched when the URL is clicked?
I don't think there are enough details to give you a clear answer.
How are your users identified? Is this done by apache authentication?
Do you have a straightforward mapping between apache users and unix users?
etc..