[winswitch] xpra-3.0.5 header file issue

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Jan 22 06:55:48 GMT 2020

Please always keep the list CCed.

On 22/01/2020 09:31, Mark Couteau wrote:
> Hi Antoine,
>
> The Linux Mint distro version of xpra is this:
> xpra/bionic,now 2.1.3+dfsg-1ubuntu1 amd64 [installed]
That's dangerously out of date.

> so, that one is much older than the 3.0.5 version.  I was unsure being
> new to the software if the html version was the way to go.
It really depends on your use-case.
The html5 client is unlikely to ever reach the same level of performance
as the regular client, but on the other hand it doesn't require any
packages to be installed apart from a browser.

> I have used
> vnc and rdp before, but not xpra.  From the tar files out there, html is
> getting the latest efforts.  I will try it soon.
IIRC, there were many improvements to the html5 client during the 2.4.x
and 2.5.x release cycles, not so much in v3.