[winswitch] xpra-3.0.5 header file issue

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Jan 21 05:55:48 GMT 2020

On 21/01/2020 07:55, Mark Couteau via shifter-users wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I was working to get xpra-3.0.5 to compile on Linux Mint.
This must be an old version.

> I got this error from running setup.py
>
> /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkitemfactory.h:47:1: error: function
> declaration isn’t a prototype [-Werror=strict-prototypes]
>  typedef void (*GtkItemFactoryCallback)  ();
>
>                ^~~~~~~
>
> I commented out the GtkItemFactoryCallback definition in the header file
> and changed the reference to it to the
> GtkItemFactoryCallback1 definition.  The program did compile and works
> so far.
You can undo those changes. You should not be messing with system
headers to build things.

> I don't know if this is a real issue or something that only caught me
> up.  I had this same issue on both Intel and AMD machines.
The setup.py file already knows about this issue and will de-activate
the warning that causes the build to fail when it detects an Ubuntu
distribution that ships with this problematic header file.
But your Linux Mint distribution string is not known about, so this
doesn't happen automatically. Instead, you can run the build with:
python setup.py --without-strict
Which will turn off all the warnings (and not just this one) and allow
the build to proceed.