[winswitch] Xpra session crash

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 16:39:20 BST 2020

On 09/07/2020 19:55, carl langlois via shifter-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sometimes the xpra session crashes but the application remains. In this
> situation xpra list does not show any session. Trying xpra upgrade
> [session] does not work also.
"xpra upgrade" is for when the xpra server is still running.

What you want is:
"xpra start --use-display=yes :NNN"
Where ":NNN" is the display that you want to rescue.

In the latest development version, you don't need to specify
"--use-display=yes" as "auto" will be the new default and will figure
out if a display needs rescuing.
(this may land in 4.0 after further testing)

> The weird thing is that I can see the
> applications when I connect with  nomachine client. The nomachine client
> can see the display from the dead xpra session.
>
> Any suggestions? using the latest xpra release.
I am assuming that you're on the 4.0 branch with a python3 interpreter.
If that is no correct, please let us know.

It would be good to fix the xpra crash that got you in that situation.
If you have any reproducible steps, please do share them.