[winswitch] Unable to register on bugtracker + Win32 issues

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue May 26 11:21:15 BST 2020

On 26/05/2020 01:38, Valtteri Vuorikoski via shifter-users wrote:
> Hi, it doesn't seem to be possible to create an account on the
> bugtracker. After filling the register form, a "Configuration error"
> page with the following message is shown: "Cannot find an implementation
> of the ICaptchaMethod interface named ImageCaptcha. Please check that
> the Component is enabled or update the option [spam-filter] captcha in
> trac.ini."
Thank you for reporting this problem. A recent system update had broken
the tracker registration page. This should be fixed now.

> The issues I was going to report are simple so I'll just put them here
> for now (both Win32 with 4.0.1, using the zip version):
Which exact version? (32 or 64-bit, python2 or python3, client-only
build? etc)
Can you give us the MD5 sum of the ZIP file you used?

> 1. Xpra fails to start if libintl-8.dll doesn't exist beside Xpra.exe:
> "The procedure entry point libintl_snprintf could not be located in the
> dynamic link library [...]\lib\libfontconfig-1.dll." Copying the
> libintl-8.dll in lib one level up works.
That's odd, I've tested a few builds on a clean VM and I didn't see this
error. Is this an alert box? Which shortcut do you run?

> 2. Setting --keyboard-raw=yes sends the Windows scancode as X11 keycode.
> This is not very useful as generally X11 keycode = PC/AT scancode + 8.
> Client should probably add 8 to the scancode (event.keycode) when
> connecting from Win32 to X11.
This is not enabled by default and it is not meant to be used across
operating systems.
This is only useful at present when the client and server OS are
identical. (ie: Linux to Linux, or Windows to Windows)
When a translation is going to be needed, don't use raw mode.
> Please reply directly if needed, I'm not currently on the list.
Done. (please make sure to keep the list CCed)