[winswitch] Unable to register on bugtracker + Win32 issues

Valtteri Vuorikoski vuori at notcom.org
Mon May 25 19:38:29 BST 2020

Hi, it doesn't seem to be possible to create an account on the
bugtracker. After filling the register form, a "Configuration error"
page with the following message is shown: "Cannot find an implementation
of the ICaptchaMethod interface named ImageCaptcha. Please check that
the Component is enabled or update the option [spam-filter] captcha in
trac.ini."

The issues I was going to report are simple so I'll just put them here
for now (both Win32 with 4.0.1, using the zip version):

1. Xpra fails to start if libintl-8.dll doesn't exist beside Xpra.exe:
"The procedure entry point libintl_snprintf could not be located in the
dynamic link library [...]\lib\libfontconfig-1.dll." Copying the
libintl-8.dll in lib one level up works.

2. Setting --keyboard-raw=yes sends the Windows scancode as X11 keycode.
This is not very useful as generally X11 keycode = PC/AT scancode + 8.
Client should probably add 8 to the scancode (event.keycode) when
connecting from Win32 to X11.

Please reply directly if needed, I'm not currently on the list.

  -Valtteri