[winswitch] capslock acting like shiftlock?

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Oct 23 10:08:38 BST 2020

On 23/10/2020 11:44, Thomas Esposito via shifter-users wrote:
> If I had to guess, I'd say the the xpra client is translating the capslock
> to a shift before it ever gets to the server. Is that possible?
No, the client tries hard not not modify key events before sending them
to the server.

> If so, how
> can I verify that this is happening and how would I fix it?
Run the server and client with "-d keyboard" to get details on events
and how they are processed.
(just be aware that this is hard to interpret as it is very verbose)

"Shift" and "Caps_Lock" are treated interchangeably by the key mapping
code for non-native keymaps. (non-X11 clients for seamless servers)

To fix it, please file a ticket as per:
https://xpra.org/trac/wiki/Keyboard#ReportingBugs