[winswitch] capslock acting like shiftlock?

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Oct 23 12:44:22 BST 2020

On 23/10/2020 18:33, Thomas Esposito wrote:
>> "Shift" and "Caps_Lock" are treated interchangeably by the key mapping
> code for non-native keymaps. (non-X11 clients for seamless servers)
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "non-native keymaps" in this context.
Non-x11 clients, like MS Windows or MacOS.
For X11 clients connecting to seamless servers, things are easier to map
since the software is the same (X11) at both ends.

> FWIW, my xpra client is running on Windows 10 and I'm using the same
> xpra client version (3.0) that I was using when the xpra server version
> was 1.x running on Centos 6.6. I didn't have this problem before.
So this sounds like a regression, can you please file a ticket?
(with all the details for the keymap and keys pressed, etc)

> Also not sure what you mean when you say that "Shift" and "Caps_Lock"
> are treated interchangeably.
If either is pressed but not both, then the key is shifted and we use
the symbol found at level 1 of the keymap. (often the uppercase version
of the same keysym)

> Are you talking about the xpra client?
No, like I said: the client tries hard not to modify key events.

> It
> sounds like this explains my problem but that can't be because I haven't
> changed the client, only the server OS version and the xpra version
> running on it.
Yes, the key mapping happens all server side.