[winswitch] Key repeat bug

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 16:33:18 BST 2021

On 02/04/2021 22:23, Anthony Stone via shifter-users wrote:
> Sorry, I forgot to say: Ubuntu 18.04 and xpra 4.1.1 on client and server.
>
> I have tried turning keyboard sync off, and so far have had no more
> trouble, but that hasn't been very long. Is it reasonable to leave it
> off indefinitely?
With keyboard-sync turned off, the xpra client will send a pair of
key-press + key-release for each key event. It does so even when the key
is held down, in which case it will send those event pairs repeatedly.

This prevents problems when variations in the latency cause the
key-release event to arrive too late (be it CPU overload or actual line
latency jitter) but this can also cause some applications to misbehave
if they're monitoring the keyboard state rather than just processing key
events.
This does not affect modifiers which are handled separately.