[winswitch] Where is the mmap file created?

Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira vini.ipsmaker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 14:04:53 BST 2021

Em qua., 7 de abr. de 2021 às 04:30, Antoine Martin via shifter-users
<shifter-users at lists.devloop.org.uk> escreveu:
> $ xpra -h | grep mmap=
>     --mmap=yes|no|mmap-filename

I saw the manpage.

> So you can use:
> xpra start --mmap=/the/server/path
> xpra attach --mmap=/the/client/path

And I tried that. The path should be a directory path right?

> And make sure that both paths resolve to the shared area where mmap
> files can be created.

I'll assume it didn't work due to this error (file creation error).

> This may well require changes to the IPC settings in your container tool
> to allow mmapped files. YMMV.

How does xpra create mmap files? I'm skimming over
xpra/net/mmap_pipe.py, but I'm failing to detect any special operation
that isn't allowed in the container.

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/