[winswitch] Pulseaudio in Xpra 3 on RHEL 7

Eric Lemings eric.lemings at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 14:49:39 BST 2021

Greetings all,

Was hoping someone could shed some light on this.  I'm using Xpra 3.0.9 on
RHEL 7 systems.

When I launch an `xpra start` command even with the --pulseaudio=no option,
the xpra process still launches pactl and pulseaudio child processes.  In
my environment, there seem to be DBus/SELinux issues that cause these child
processes to hang so the Xpra session takes about 5 minutes to (timeout I
assume and) go from UNKNOWN to LIVE.

Is there some other way to avoid the pulseaudio checks in an Xpra start
command?

Thanks,
Eric.