[winswitch] Proxy stops responding after about a week

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Feb 23 15:23:48 GMT 2021

Hi,

After about a week the Xpra Proxy stops responding to connection requests. The last
time was 6 days. This issue has occurred multiple times. Trying to connect a web
browser to port 14500 results in a time out. Trying to use openssl s_client
<IP>:14500 results in a timeout. The port on the machine is reporting as LISTEN.

No log events are generated on connection attempts. What can I see that is causing this?

I am working around it for now by stopping the proxy (systemctl stop xpra) and
starting it (systemctl start xpra.socket).

OS: RHEL 8.3
Package: Official Xpra repo - xpra-4.0.6-10.r28351.el8_3.x86_64

Thanks,
Michael