[winswitch] Proxy stops responding after about a week

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Feb 23 15:36:53 GMT 2021

On 23/02/2021 22:23, Michael Cronenworth via shifter-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After about a week the Xpra Proxy stops responding to connection
> requests. The last time was 6 days. This issue has occurred multiple
> times. Trying to connect a web browser to port 14500 results in a time
> out. Trying to use openssl s_client <IP>:14500 results in a timeout. The
> port on the machine is reporting as LISTEN.
>
> No log events are generated on connection attempts. What can I see that
> is causing this?
You may want to run your proxy with "-d network" or even "-d all" and
see if anything comes up.

Are you certain that this problems occurs after a certain amount of time
rather than an amount of connections?
It could be a resource leak somewhere that eventually causes the proxy
to reject or be unable to process new connections.

> I am working around it for now by stopping the proxy (systemctl stop
> xpra) and starting it (systemctl start xpra.socket).
I don't have a better solution to offer as of right now.

Can you please create a new issue and I'll try to reproduce it when I
get a chance?
https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/new