[winswitch] Xpra - Test system works, production dies??? No server - but program runs???

xpra at zellners.com xpra at zellners.com
Tue Jul 6 17:52:55 BST 2021

Quoting Antoine Martin via shifter-users <shifter-users at lists.devloop.org.uk>:

> and we've just had a few reports of problems with the ffmpeg vaapi
> hardware accelerated encoder:
> https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/3174
>
> If that's the cause of your problem, you can run with:
> xpra start --env=XPRA_VAAPI=0 ....

OK. Using that, solves *my* issue, but I would guess... maybe not for
others and the best???

This is not optimal????? Especially with something that may have
intensive graphics interactions, which is the case here in a few
situations...

So is this:

XPRA?
Kernel?
underlying drivers for hardware????

Combination of this???? Just looking to get the best out of XPRA.

Thanks.