[winswitch] Packaging note - *buntunu 20.04...at least

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sat Jul 10 05:49:51 BST 2021

On 07/07/2021 21:46, xpra--- via shifter-users wrote:

>> Something you might want to make a dependency of the XPRA repo is
>> python3-distutils
>
> This is definitely a dependency to get a lot of things to work.
>
> After installing this, SSH works,
Please always include the exact error messages.

As it stands, I intend to release 4.2.1 soon without the distutils
dependency which has been superseded, as per this link I sent earlier:
https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/pull/3177

If this is a different problem, then please include the details so that
I can make an informed decision on what packaging and code updates to
include with 4.2.1

> as does the audio forwarding now.
I was not aware that there were any problems with audio forwarding from
any of your earlier posts. Only an unrelated GTK warning.

> Also likely a good thing to add to the dependencies is:
>
> python3-dnsutils
There is no such package, perhaps you mean python3-dnspython?
https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/commit/116cfdb1737fd53971e6b1968df84ee29b6a59e6

> That will resolve no module "dns" errors.
There is an option to use SSHFP DNS records for key verification:
https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/2097

But this is optional and not an error. You can turn it off with:
xpra attach --ssh=paramiko:verifyhostkeydns=no