[winswitch] Packaging note - *buntunu 20.04...at least

xpra at zellners.com xpra at zellners.com
Thu Jul 15 13:22:22 BST 2021

Quoting Antoine Martin via shifter-users <shifter-users at lists.devloop.org.uk>:

> If this is a different problem, then please include the details so that
> I can make an informed decision on what packaging and code updates to
> include with 4.2.1

Since there is some huge delay on the ML, It appears that this
decision is decided and/or issue corrected based on the posts...

python3-distutils IS a DEPENDENCY IF

to get SSH connections or any connection to the XPRA SERVER from the
client be it CLI or XPRA LAUNCHER without it, any attempt to connect
will fail. Don't matter what you try. It won't work.

Connecting locally as I did via X11 forwarding as a test works. And
yes its horrible in performance, didn't expect any thing less... it
was means to find the issue.

Outside my depth on C and/or any this other stuff. The "magic pill" to
cure it was python3-distutils, now XPRA works as listed to connect.

>> as does the audio forwarding now.
> I was not aware that there were any problems with audio forwarding from

Audio was not being forwarded, I did not consider it an issue for me
as audio forwarding is irrelevant mostly for the situation, that it
works, is a bonus.

What ever XPRA uses to start somethings, above my pay grade, distutils
is needed to be installed as after installing, things work 100% now.
audio. xpra connections and using all the various formats of SSH
commands I've seen and tried.

> any of your earlier posts. Only an unrelated GTK warning.
>
>> Also likely a good thing to add to the dependencies is:
>>
>> python3-dnsutils
> There is no such package, perhaps you mean python3-dnspython?
> https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/commit/116cfdb1737fd53971e6b1968df84ee29b6a59e6

Thats probably it, I had utils on the brain... I didn't install it as
SSHFP stuff is not of use to me, I don't use keys for my own reasons.

> But this is optional and not an error. You can turn it off with:
> xpra attach --ssh=paramiko:verifyhostkeydns=no

Thanks, I will add that to my command, when I update that, don't need
it, don't need the error.