[winswitch] Packaging note - *buntunu 20.04...at least

xpra at zellners.com xpra at zellners.com
Thu Jul 15 13:05:48 BST 2021

Quoting Antoine Martin via shifter-users <shifter-users at lists.devloop.org.uk>:

> On 07/07/2021 00:00, xpra--- via shifter-users wrote:
>>
>> Something you might want to make a dependency of the XPRA repo is
>> python3-distutils
>>
>> That solves several issues/errors that come out when starting the server
>> and client(s)...
> Can you please clarify what those issues are?
> The only one we're aware of is documented here:
> https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/pull/3177

The errors are that ssh connection or really any attempts to connect
the XPRA SERVER will fail, as what ever protocol(s) are needed need
what ever distutils provides to work.

After reviewing the error messaage that XPRA LAUNCHER spit out.. that
was the clue on distutils.

AFTER apt-get install python3-distutils every thing starts working.
SSH CLI, XPRA Launcher connections and all the 40+ various formats for
SSH connections I tried all work ONCE distutils is installed. so its a
dependency.

> TLDR: python distutils is no longer required in 4.2.1

I will see what happens on another install which is bare thats been
waiting for all this to shake out..