[winswitch] App Intermittant startup

Steve Gatenby steveg at nevets.com.au
Sun Jul 18 13:13:42 BST 2021

I have a simple gui app. 1 button, 1 memo and timer.

On running, it should update the memo entry each second with a status count.

Works perfectly on standard systems (linux x64 gtk2), but fails
regularly under docker with xpra.

I am building the docker instance using the latest xpra from the repo

I then run the following to open a terminal, and connect thru my browser
(works perfectly)

xpra start --bind-tcp=0.0.0.0:10000 --html=on --start=xterm --daemon=no
--pulseaudio=no --webcam=no

On running the test app from the terminal, I find it consistently fails
to show the form for between 10 and 20 seconds. The app is running
(logging 1 second counts to terminal), just nothing visual shows.

The only xpra logging diff I can see is the 'broadway decoder
initialized' line doesnt happen when it is waiting.

I am trying to determine if the problem lies with the app, docker, xpra
or a combination of all.

I have a simple/small docker test I can supply, but dont wish to push
files at people unless permission given :)

Would really appreciate any insight / clues at all

Regards - SteveG