[winswitch] Automatic session creation

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 11:26:21 BST 2017

On 01/04/17 20:37, Denis Suv via shifter-users wrote:

> Hello dear Xpra society!
>
> Could you please help me with XPRA proxy settings... I'm using only HTML client and would like the option "session on demand" and #1319 ticket enhancement but being a newcomer can't figure out how...
>
> 1) To make it easier. Without Proxy the start command like " xpra
> start --bind-tcp=0.0.0.0:14500 --html=on --start-child= xterm   --idle-timeout=7200
> --server-idle-timeout=60 --cursors=yes --exit-with-children" normally connect the user via web browser.
> But then the application is closed the web server welcome page is not available any more. And it is impossible to create a new session.
> Can Proxy help with that?
It can, but then you would have to configure your browser URL to request
the proxy to start a new session. You can use the HTML5 connection
dialog to set that up.

But this doesn't sound like the right approach here.
If all you want is a new session each time on that port, you could just
write a wrapper script that does:
while true; do
 xpra start ... --exit-with-children --no-deamon
done

And whenever the session is terminated, a new one will take its place.

> 2) Another question, is it possible for each user (login) to start the session (on demand) somehow  in the authorisation file (for example) define his personal application to start?
Starting commands when a user logs in is quite easy:
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/122424/execute-a-command-on-user-logon
You don't necessarily need to add this session to the "multifile"
authorization file: the proxy is capable of identifying existing
sessions for a user. (if there is more than one, you will need to
specify it in your connection string)