[winswitch] xpra sound sink

Basil Thompson basil.thompson at flyingbark.com.au
Thu Sep 19 11:50:43 BST 2019

Hi There

xpra audio sink question

Do I have to have the same default plugin set on client and server in order
for the sync to work ?

I am struggling to get the audio sync feature enabled in the xpra client.
Well at least I think that is the problem.

So, so give as much info as possible..

When I run xpra attach on my Windows 10 box.. in the command line - and
attach to a running server - if I right click on the xpra icon.. then hover
over audio.. the video sync is greyed out. and there is a "pop up" or tip -
that says server doesnt support video sync.

Sound is enabled and sound does play.. just there is no sound buffer.
The sound buffer chart exists .. if I open session info.. but the graph
shows no info.

If I run the server with -d av-sync I see a line that says something like
Server = True , Client = False

So from that it appears that the server actually does support av-sync. The
server is a Centos 7 box.

if I run the gstreamer utils on the centos box ( server ) .. it shows
alsasink, pulsesink, and autoaudiosink - default is pulsesink

on the windows box if I run the gstreamer utils I see
directsoundsink, autoaudiosink  - default is directsoundsink

So, do I have to have the same default plugin set on client and server in
order for the sync to work ?

Audio works... its just delayed .. and gets more delayed the longer I play
something with audio.

I am running the latest version of xpra as of todays date // on both the
server and the client.

I have tried with and without nvidia encoding.. not that that would make a
difference just mentioning that I am using nvenc / cuda ..

Kind Regards

Basil

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>